Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don't Judge Me!!

(WOO WOO, I don't know about you but I am so super proud of myself for keeping our date...this  Tuesday thing is working.  And, yes, I know it is only the second week, but we have to congratulate ourselves for small victories.  Therefore, I am raising my pretend crystal champagne glass filled with really expensive pretend bubbly to clink with you and your pretend stuff!  Because if you are here for week 2, it means you are sticking with me-for now-and we both deserve a good stiff drink for that! And you will see a pic of the beloved planner below...although it was photographed at the beginning of the month so its not nearly as filled as normal, you can still get the gist of the fun.  And this is just the month at a glance part; my fave portion (the week at a glance) had too much "personal" stuff (see whiny post from last week) to take pics of and include)



Okay, so you know when you have gained what feels like 8000 pounds (once again, see last week's whiny blog post) and you are trying your best to feel better but nothing seems to work?  I can't work out (whiny post referral #3) yet and the heat is more intolerable than ever (I do have a serious need in life for Vitamin D so in the summer I like to be out in the sun aaaaallllll the time).  So what do we crafty types do....

You know exactly what I have done because IT IS WHAT WE SCRAPPY PEEPS DO, whether we are feeling like poo or not.  I shopped!!  And I shopped!  I shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped.  I then shopped some more.  I would like to say I am done with shopping but I can't.  You see, I am not shopping for pants in one size bigger (I refuse, I refuse, I refuse and will continue to wear my yoga pants while in complete and utter denial that they are cutting off my circulation; since Big Poppa has had to do the laundry lately, I can completely blame him for turning the dryer on too high) or shirts to cover my DESPICABLE ME 1 and DESPICAPLE ME 2 (AKA my thighs).

I shop for paper because it always fits.  I buy stamps because I never have to try them on.  I buy embellishments because they don 't make my arms like dimpled sausages stuffed in fat girl casings.
Yummies from Mike's and Hobby Lobby...I think.  They have all started to run together. What is not pictured are the 4 Project Life Kits I have also purchased.  To save a little grace, I did divide them up and sell the partial kits on Project Life Swap and Shop.  The sales totally made up for the costs of the kits and I still got as much of the kits as I wanted, so it was a WIN WIN!


Online haulage...2 Peas in a Bucket, Simon Says Stamp, and Bossy Joscie (the most well-prices fllair I have  found EVER!  I am bugging her to sell to me so that I can sell at retreats but she is currently traveling across country with her entire family as they MOVE from Hawaii to Alabama.  Yeah, not thinking she will be in a hurry to get back to me about a big order!  But I do love what she sent me!
Remember when Mike's had their big clearance sale?  Some of this is from there and one or two things are from Hobby Lobby (forgot to include them in the other pic and am trying to be Honest Abe here).

I think even Big Poppa senses my need to feel better because he hasn't given me a hard time as all these packages are being delivered to the house. He even encouraged me to relax and take my time at the scrapbook store he totally insisted (wink wink nod nod) we go to when we went to the beach over the July 4th holiday.  You can totally see that I did as Big Poppa ordered because they only give you the big freebie bags when you spend A LOT!
Tilt your computer to your left because I am a blog stoopid and can't figure out how to fix this.  It is RIGHT  on my computer but for whatever reason, it won't upload correctly nor do I know how swirl it around once it is on Blogger. 

I can't really explain my love and addiction for the "Of the Month" Clubs (perhaps a future blog post??)  But here are a few of the ones I belong to (and yes there are a few that haven't come in yet) and I honestly LOVE going to the mailbox and finding these gems.  Perhaps they give me something to look forward to??  Must consult my college psych books on that one....or not!
Ribbon of the Month Club...because really??  Can you ever have too much?  And it is always so sweetly coordinated.

This is a new one for me since I canceled my Simon Says Stamp Card of the Month Club (Woo Woo, I actually canceled one).  It is the Scraptastic Project Life Kit.  I think it is a bit pricey for what you get, but I may give it another month or two.  I haven't gotten my Studio Calico Project Life Kit or my Cocoa Daisy Stamp Kit yet,  nor have I received my new (obsession) Julep kit (nail polish).  

 Stamps??  Did someone say stamps???  Another addiction!!  However, I only picked up a few that were deeply, deeply discounted either online or at Mike's.

Anywho, I really need to stop shopping.  I know this. Without turning this into WHINY BLOG POST #2, I know we have a ton of medical bills to pay, a child in private school, and a fledgling scrapbook/artsy craftsy business that I am trying to get off the ground.  I know I have to stop looking for ways to feel better in the store and start looking within.  I know, I know, I know!  And yet....I STILL TOTALLY WANT TO SHOP INSTEAD OF THE LAUNDRY!!   So, I am going to try the NO BUY JULY that I have heard many scrapsters adopting for the month.  It is never too late to start, right?  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE your binder. I am in awe of your shopping hauls! I don't know which stamp set I like best...all of em!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I wish my husband could say he was in "awe" of my shopping hauls! That is my problem too...I love all the stamps. Luckily, I guess, I have been focusing on Project Life so I have narrowed my focus a bit on what stamps I am looking for. Thanks for reading and commenting!! xxoxoox

      Delete