Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Project Life Like


I almost did it...

I almost made an excuse as to why I couldn't write this blog post even though it is firmly written in pen on my calendar.

And then I remembered my own terms, the ones I set forth when I decided to schedule my blog so that I would make sure I was getting it done (without stress).

When I decided to do this FOR REALS, I promised myself that a blog post doesn't have to be long and extensive to be a blog post.  So instead of telling you that I had a doctor's appointment today (which I did) and explaining next week that I kind of had the wind knocked out of my sails (which I did) and I was too tired or too sad to write this week, I sat my fat caboose down and, in the words of NIKE, decided to JUST DO IT!

Another "thang" I have finally got off my arse to do is Project Life.  I don't mean that I started shopping for PL because, let's face it, I have been doing that for quite some time!  I mean that I took the images of fantastic pages that have been running through my head for a few weeks and I JUST DID IT!  I went with my vision and some pictures (oh yeah, and ALL the STUFF I have been buying while heavily drugged with pain meds, antibiotics, and Ambien and have been regretting because my budget is blown for the next, oh I don't know, 27 months) and GOT "ER DONE!!

This is my latest obsession, the thing I want to do INSTEAD OF THE LAUNDRY!!  It is a blast because, like altering, it is just doing what you want to do, the way you want to do it (ok within the parameters of certain pocket sizes, but you get it).  I couldn't be more thrilled that I am finally at a place in my heart where I can document a life that I love!

OH!! And INSTEAD OF THE LAUNDRY, sometimes I make crafty YouTube videos.  I just uploaded one on some awesome wood veneers that I discovered from an amazing woman and her hardworking husband.  Want to know more?  Check out my vid at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DtRTufJE1I  and if you need something to do INSTEAD OF THE LAUNDRY, sit down and enjoy!

This is my cover page.  I think I included any and every trend that was popular in 2011, 2012 and 2013.  While it may be crazy busy, I love it and am thrilled every time I look at it.




And this is IT!!  My very first (but certainly not last) Project Life "like" layout.  I include the word "like" because I have heard that Becky Higgins has laid claim to Project Life and that it can't just be randomly used anymore.  This event took place in April and that is my plan for PL...events not weeks.  Scrapping this way makes PL more manageable for me and takes away from my anxiety of not completing yet another thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment